If your side windows have been damaged and need to be replaced, 5 Star Auto Glass is the place for you. We provide quality in-shop service for side window replacement for all vehicles. At 5 Star Auto Glass, our team goes above and beyond to keep our customers happy with exceptional workmanship and service. We can have you back on the road and on your way within two hours of the time you come into the shop. Because your safety is our priority, our trained technicians always see to it that our work is precise and accurate.
Side window replacement in Calgary
If your side window is cracked or damaged, it should never be ignored. In Calgary, where rock chips are common, a broken side window needs to be replaced as soon as possible. A delay can compromise the integrity of your vehicle and your passengers’ safety. The chip or crack will eventually spread and a broken window increases your risk of car theft.
When you bring your car into 5 Star Auto Glass for side window replacement, we help you:
- Avoid a ticket – Driving with a damaged auto glass that reduces your visibility can lead to a fine. Side window replacement is a quick and straightforward process for our trained technicians. Having your side window fixed will save you from having to pay additional costs for a ticket.
- Stay safe on the road – Damaged auto glass can affect the structural integrity of your vehicle, which is a big risk to take for the safety of you and your passengers. A simple, minor accident can cause the window to shatter completely, highlighting the importance of having your side window repaired right away.
- Prevent auto theft – A damaged side window is an invitation for potential thieves to easily break into your car. Even if they only take the contents inside, you are now left to deal with scheduling an emergency side window replacement with a shattered window.
Why 5 Star Auto Glass for side window replacement?
We specialize in repairing and replacing auto glass in Calgary, so you know you’re receiving experienced and knowledgeable service from trained professionals. Our process is thorough:
- We complete an assessment of the damage
- The door panel is removed to access the glass
- We test the window to ensure it functions properly
- Debris and broken glass is vacuumed and cleaned
If you have an issue with your window motor or regulator, give us a call and we will be happy to fix the problem!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my car side window be repaired or do I need to replace it?
If your car side window has a large chip, it must be replaced. Unlike a windshield that’s made of tempered glass, side windows will typically shatter upon impact, which is why side window repairs are not as common as side window replacements. Generally, damaged side windows require a full replacement.
Does my car side window really protect me?
Yes! Your car side window is an important safety component that keeps you safe on the road and prevents car theft. In Canada, where frigid winter temperatures, hail, and snowstorms are common, your side car window keeps you comfortable from the elements. Having no side window in the middle of winter is not only an inconvenience but makes for a very uncomfortable ride.
How long will it take to replace my car side window?
You can have your car side window replaced in as little as two hours. At 5 Star Auto Glass, we inspect the damage, remove the door panel access, clean up any shattered glass and debris, install the new window, and test it to ensure it is functioning correctly.
What should I look for when my car side window is replaced?
Examine the glass surface for any blemishes. If your side car window is tinted, inspect the tint thoroughly for any bubbles and that it matches your car’s existing window tint. Test the window’s function by opening and closing the window a few times, pay attention to any strange noises, and inspect that the window closes snugly against the door frame.
Watch for any drafts as you drive with the window closed and pay attention to any strange rattling or shaking. If anything looks or feels off, call us, and we will ensure the side window replacement is installed properly.
What kind of warranty should I expect on my car side window replacement?
At 5 Star Auto Glass, all of our auto glass replacements are covered by a lifetime warranty on labour as long as you own or lease the vehicle.
How soon can I drive my car after my car side window is replaced?
After testing the side window for safety and confirming that the replacement is done properly, you can drive your car within minutes of a replacement.
I just had my car side window replaced. How do I know if it was done right?
You’ll know that a car side window replacement is done right when it functions as it should, there are no blemishes in the glass, it closes snug against the frame, no drafts are coming through the closed window, no strange noises when opening and closing the window, and it is not rattling or shaking as you drive. If you notice any of these issues, bring your vehicle into 5 Star Auto Glass and we will take a look.