Having your side mirror damaged is a pain, but don’t worry – our team at 5 Star Auto Glass provides specialty service side mirror replacements in Calgary. Your side view mirrors are a small but significant safety component of your car. Without either one, you risk colliding with another object and increase your chances of a car accident. Even a small crack can distort your vision and give you an inaccurate reflection of nearby cars or other objects. If your side mirror is damaged, it’s in your best interest to schedule a side-view mirror repair as soon as possible for the safety of you and others on the road.
Side mirror replacement in Calgary
There are typically two side mirror repair options:
- When the glass is cracked – If the mirror glass is the only thing that is damaged and not the housing, you’ll only need to replace the glass, which is a straightforward process. Our professional auto glass technician will ensure that your new mirror installation is done correctly.
- When the mirror housing is damaged – Usually, the mirror housing is damaged because of a harder impact. When this happens, it requires a more complex side mirror replacement. If this is the case, bring your vehicle in and we will make sure all components are replaced and installed correctly.
Specializing in auto glass repairs
When you choose 5 Star Auto Glass, you’re choosing a team of technicians that specialize in auto glass repairs. What this means for you as a valued customer is that you can be confident in our knowledge of auto glass for all vehicle makes and models. Our technicians are trained and up-to-date on providing auto glass repair jobs with precision and accuracy. We:
- Maintain the structural integrity of your vehicle
- Test all auto glass repairs for safety
- Vacuum your car’s interior to clean up any shattered glass
- Get the service done efficiently so you can get back out on the road soon
Call 5 Star Auto Glass to book an appointment for car side mirror repair
If your side view mirror needs replacement, we can provide a solution to this problem. If it’s just the mirror glass that is broken, we can order the glass from Burco mirrors, a company that specializes in automotive mirror solutions.
When the mirror and assembly are both damaged, we contact our used providers or the dealership so they can provide us with the assembly. You will need to provide the year, make, and model of your vehicle for us to be able to get the correct mirror glass. Mirrors can come heated and powered, so we want to make sure we provide you with the right glass for your vehicle. Whatever the case, we’ll make sure you’re back on the road safely!
Side Mirror Replacement FAQs
How long does it take to replace a side mirror on my car?
It typically takes 20-30 minutes to repace a car’s side mirror.
How much should it cost to replace my vehicle’s side mirror?
The cost of replacing a car back window varies and depends on the car’s year, make, model.
Can you replace just the side mirror of my car?
Yes, we can quickly and effectively replace just the side mirror of your car and ensure that the glass is secure.
Can I drive my car if the side mirror is broken?
Technically, yes you can drive your car if the side mirror is broken. However, a broken side mirror greatly reduces your visibility of other cars and pedestrians around you, which is a safety issue. If your side mirror is broken, it becomes challenging to change lanes, park, and ease out of your driveway or parking spot. If your side mirror is broken, it’s important to replace it as soon as possible.