Are you in need of a windshield repair service? Do you have a chip or crack in your windshield? If so, it’s important to get it repaired as soon as possible. A small crack can quickly become a bigger one and a simple repair can become a complete windshield replacement in Calgary instead.
With so many windshield repair services to choose from, it can be tough to know who to trust. You might be wondering which company in Calgary offers the best windshield repair and replacement services. We’re here to help.
While a windshield repair is fairly straightforward, at 5 Star Auto Glass, we offer added value such as a lifetime warranty on labour for as long as you own or lease the vehicle, convenient mobile windshield replacement in Calgary, and clear prices. If your windshield has a chip or crack, here’s how to determine whether it can be repaired and how to prevent the damage from spreading before you come into our shop for a service.
Windshield damage that can be repaired
When damage has been done to our vehicle’s windshield, most commonly from rocks and other debris while we’re driving, our initial thought is that the whole glass will need to be replaced. However, this is not always the case. Some windshield chips and cracks can be repaired for as low as $25.
As a general rule of thumb, the windshield is repairable if:
- The chip is 1-inch or smaller in diameter.
- The crack is less than 8 inches long.
This highlights the importance of having a windshield repair service in Calgary right away before the damage spreads. The windshield will need to be replaced if:
- The chip is larger than 1-inch in diameter.
- The crack is longer than 8 inches long.
- There are multiple chips and cracks.
- The damage is directly in the driver’s line of sight.
- The crack spreads into the windshield’s edges.
- The damage penetrates the inner layers of the glass.
Prevent windshield damage from spreading
If you can’t get to our shop right away, here are a few simple things you can do to help prevent the damage from spreading:
- Clean the area with a dry towel and seal the damage with clear tape to protect it from dirt and debris.
- Avoid slamming the car door.
- Avoid potholes and be extra mindful when driving over speed bumps.
- Don’t press against the glass.
And of course, be sure to see us right away to have your windshield damage repaired. We are open 6 days a week from 8AM – 5PM Monday to Friday, 9AM – 3PM on Saturdays, and closed on Sundays.
Contact us for a free instant quote or call us at (403) 457-4446. We look forward to serving you!