Having a broken door glass can be very stressful and inconvenient for most, especially during the winter season. Whether it be vandalism or just a rock from the road that causes the damage, it’s still a hassle.
Due to the high rate of door glass vandalism that we receive from being in this industry we’ve put together a few handy tips…
Here are the steps that can help you get back on the road as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Call Police to file a report. (Vandalism / Break-in)
- Call your insurance company to see if the damage is covered by your policy as well as finding out what your deductible would be. If you do have the coverage and have a preferred auto glass shop in mind, it can be mentioned to your adjuster at this time.
- Look for any security cameras in the area. Hopefully, this will be able to help you identify how and when the break-in occurred.
- There are many different auto glass companies in Calgary that are here to ensure that they can get your door glass replaced as early as possible. Normally auto glass technician will be able to repair your glass within 1-2 hours (depending on the year, make and model).
What most people don’t know is that door glass does come in laminated and tempered glass. Keep in mind that each vehicle is different. With the year, make and model, any auto glass company will be able to let you know what your vehicle has and if it is available right away.
Here is a little knowledge between the two types of door glass…
Laminated door glass is where in between two pieces of glass, there is a vinyl interlayer that helps the glass stay intact and not shatter making it similar to a windshield where it will crack only. Tempered glass is more fragile and shatters completely under high levels of pressure.
Tips that can help you prevent a door glass vandalism:
- Make sure your vehicle is parked in a public place.
- Keep your vehicle clean from the inside and not having any personal belonging be exposed.
- Make sure that you keep your loose change hidden.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us!